F2H Banshee in Detail & Scale, Part 1
About the Book:
The Digital Detail & Scale Series continues with the newest title, F2H Banshee in Detail & Scale, Part 1: Prototypes Through F2H-2 Variants, covering the development, history, color schemes, combat and operational use, and details of one of the most historically significant Navy jet fighters. Over the past 35 years, Detail & Scale published six monographs, 69 full sized volumes, and now a total of four digital publication titles in the well-respected Detail & Scale Series. F2H Banshee in Detail & Scale, Part 1 maintains the series focus on specific aircraft details, including cockpit, windscreen & canopy, fuselage, internal armament, wings, pylons & external stores, engine, landing gear, and tail. It also contains chapters on the developmental history of the aircraft, the different early Banshee variants, the Banshee in the Korean War, Banshee color schemes, the units that flew the aircraft, and Detail & Scale’s usual comprehensive modelers section.
Features of Detail & Scale’s latest digital publication, F2H Banshee in Detail & Scale, Part 1: Prototypes through F2H-2 Variants include:
- A developmental history of the F2H Banshee, from its beginnings as a follow-on to McDonnell’s FH-1 Phantom through the F2H-2 and its sub-variants
- A chapter on early Banshee variants, from the XF2H-1 prototypes through the interim F2H-1, to the definitive F2H-2 and that model’s sub-variants, the nuclear capable, F2H-2B, the F2H-2N night fighter, and the very capable F2H-2P photo reconnaissance version
- A chapter covering the F-2H Banshee’s combat history during the Korean War, including a listing of all of the carrier deployments made by units flying the aircraft in the combat theater
- A Banshee Details chapter with 126 photos, over a hundred in color, covering every aspect of the aircraft, including the cockpit, windscreen & canopy, fuselage, internal armament, wings, pylons & external stores, engine, landing gear, and tail, plus detailed coverage of the photo recon nose and camera bay and equipment
- A Banshee Color Schemes chapter which looks at the three color schemes used on the early variants, the Gloss Sea Blue, the Light Gull Gray over white, and the overall white schemes.
- A five-section chapter that looks at all the units that flew the early Banshees, including the Navy and Marine fighter and photo reconnaissance squadrons, the Navy Reserve units, utility and miscellaneous squadrons, and the various Navy test and evaluation facilities.
- Detail & Scale’s usual comprehensive Modelers Section which covers all of the scale model kits of the F2H-2/2B/2N/2P issued over the past 60 years.
Placing your coursor over the slideshow image will pause the slideshow.
(In the United States. Prices may vary slightly in other countries.)
Need the Apple iBook App?
You can read the iBook version of our book on the Apple iPad.
Click here to go to the iTunes Store for the free download of the iBooks App.
Need a Kindle Reading App?
You can read the Kindle version of our books on Smartphones, Computers, Tablets and even a Cloud Reader where you can read our books in your web browser.
Click here to select the Kindle Reader App you need.